What is the E.D.G.E Program?
Designed for youth aged 15 to 30 facing employment barriers, the Experience Development to Gain Employment (E.D.G.E) program helps participants navigate the labour market. Upon completion of the program, participants successfully transition to sustained employment. The program allows youth to develop new skills while increasing their knowledge and network. This is achieved through education, skills development and meaningful employment.
What to expect:
- 2 weeks of leadership training designed to provide participants an opportunity to engage in self-reflection and self-awareness while developing employability and leadership skills.
- Up to 4 weeks of training focused on various learning and skills enhancements to assist them in attaching to the labour market.
- Up to 8 weeks of placement with an employer in the Greater Sudbury Area to demonstrate their new skills and knowledge.
- Requires a commitment of 35 hours per week for 12 weeks.
- Paid living allowance while participating.
Who should apply
E.D.G.E is suitable for individuals who:
- have limited or no work experience;
- have been off of work for a period of time and are ready to re-enter the workforce;
- have recently graduated from school and are looking for work;
- have been laid off or lost their job; and/or
- are looking to gain an edge in the labour market.