In accordance with the province-wide lockdown, our physical office will be closed as of Monday, December 28th until further notice. We will however continue to work remotely and provide services virtually via telephone, email and video meetings.
- Company: Sudbury Tropical Market
- Position Title: Barber
- Job Posting Date: Wednesday, 2 December 2020
- Job Closing Date: Tuesday, 2 February 2021
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Salary: TBD
Professional and experienced barber wanted for a busy barbershop in Sudbury to join our professional team!
Are you able to use scissors or clippers to trim, cut, shave and shape ALL types of hair in a barbershop setting? This is the position for you!
Job Benefits / Requirements
- Provide consultation to clients, selects equipment, cuts hair, styles, blow-dries and finishes hair.
- Able to cut, trim, and shape ANY type of hair into the desired style.
- Utilize clippers, combs, brushes, scissors, and blow-out guns to style and cut hair.
- Use a razor to shave beard or mustache.
- Suggest hair style compatible with client’s physical features or determine style from client’s instructions and preferences
- Shape hair on temple and neck.
- Perform consultation to get the client’s opinion on the desired hairstyle.
- Promote services using coupons and cards
- Sell products or cosmetic supplies
- Book appointments
- Bilingualism (English & French) considered an asset
- Fast-paced environment
- Repetitive tasks
- Client focus
- Attention to detail
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Standing for extended periods