Spark is now open for in-person intakes Monday to Friday from 8:30am to 4:30pm, however, we are still accommodating services to individuals via telephone, email, and video meetings.
- Company: Sudbury Catholic District School Board
- Position Title: Cleaners
- Job Posting Date: Monday, 14 September 2020
- Job Closing Date: Monday, 21 September 2020
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Salary: 17.26
Under the direction of the Operations Assistant/designate, cleaners perform various duties related to the cleaning of our schools/buildings in order to ensure clean, safe and healthy conditions at the school.
Job Benefits / Requirements
- Secondary (High) School diploma or equivalent
- Working knowledge of custodial processes and procedures and custodial cleaning/grounds equipment
- Minimum 1 year of institutional cleaning experience or equivalent
- Basic computer skills, e.g. handling e-mails
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing (English)
- Ability to comprehend detailed instructions
- Strong attention to detail
- Self-starter and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work in a team environment with a demonstrated customer service focus
- Ability to communicate and relate with people tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis
- Job requires frequent walking, reaching, bending/stooping when wiping surfaces, frequent pushing/pulling and gripping to hold all cleaning equipment and tools
- Lift up to 25 lbs and in rare circumstances up to 75 lbs
Please note that an acceptable criminal record check, Vulnerable Sector Check, is a condition of employment.
Interested applicants may view our website at www.sudburycatholicschools.ca and send a cover letter and resume, along with the names of three professional references, as one electronic document no later than noon on September 21, 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote ‘Cleaner’ in the subject line and indicate the position/location of interest.