In accordance with the province-wide lockdown, our physical office will be closed as of Monday, December 28th until further notice. We will however continue to work remotely and provide services virtually via telephone, email and video meetings.
- Company: PACE
- Position Title: Controller
- Job Posting Date: Wednesday, 31 March 2021
- Job Closing Date: Wednesday, 21 April 2021
- Employment Type: Part-Time
- Salary: $23-$35
Planning, directing and coordinating all accounting operational functions. Managing the accumulation and consolidation of all financial data necessary for an accurate accounting of consolidated business results. Coordinating and preparing internal and external financial statements.
Job Benefits / Requirements
- Prepare Year End Files, Schedules and Draft Financial Statements
- Maintain and balance an automated consolidation system by inputting data; scheduling required jobs; verifying data
- Analyze information and options by developing spreadsheet reports; verifying information
- Prepare general ledger entries by maintaining records and files; reconciling accounts
- Prepare payments by accruing expenses; assigning account numbers; requesting disbursements; reconciling accounts
- Prepare daily deposits, monthly job bills and bank reconciliations
- Answer, screen and forward any incoming phone calls while providing basic information when needed
- They can predict ahead our expenses, our income and our income tax implications
- For each Initiative (Project/ Funding Application etc.) they would predict profitability and monitor profitability
- Provide our break even analysis
- Design bonus structure
- They need to add financial controls into the business
- They can model out business initiative income / expenses etc. create budgets, set targets
- Give us advice around fund raising, be strategic about funding applications etc.
- Other duties upon request
- Have working knowledge of QuickBooks online, and MS Suite
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience
- Previous work experience with an accounting/bookkeeping firm is an asset.