Position: Finance Manager
- Company: Sudbury Vocational Resource Centre
- Position Title: Finance Manager
- Job Posting Date: Monday, 8 April 2019
- Job Closing Date: Friday, 26 April 2019
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Salary: $27.96 / hour
• Manages financial books for each program including balance sheets, trial balance, income statements and ledgers.
• Manages bank accounts including preparing bank reconciliations and bank transfers through online banking.
• Prepares the programs annual budgets.
• Processes accounts receivables and payables and ensure all expenses adhere to the set budgets.
• Processes bi-weekly payroll, submits government review remittances for CPP, EI and Income Tax as well as completes Records of Employment when required.
• Oversees and balances all departmental petty cashes.
• Prepares monthly and quarterly financial statements and reports for the Executive Director, the Board of Directors and funders.
• Processes approved purchases
• Prepares yearend financial reports for auditors and answers any inquiries.
• Prepares annual returns for GST/WSIB/EHT.
• Remits monthly WSIB premiums.
• Issues charitable receipts.
• Works with the senior management team to develop strategies, review policies and procedures, and reviewing statistics and core measures for programs
• Contact person for external contractors and suppliers re: IT, maintenance, mailing, shipping, supplies, equipment, bills and errands
• Manages relationships with external vendors, service providers and landlord
• Supports the Board by coordinating monthly meetings and Annual General Meeting and minute taker
• Supports the Executive Director with clerical duties
• Supervises and supports administrative staff
• Conducts monthly supervisions and annual performance evaluations
• Recommends and approves professional development
• Prepares job postings, participates in recruitment and selection process and assist in hiring decisions
• Administers the employee benefit package, enrolls and orients new employees in the benefits program.
• Maintains vacation and sick time records.
• Provides supervisory support in the absence of Program Managers.
Job Benefits / Requirements
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field required
• 3 – 5 years’ experience in a financial management position
• Proven strategic planning experience at the management level
• Proficiency in both official languages is an asset
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Sage 50 (Simply Accounting)
• Demonstrated creative and critical thinking skills
• Able to work on multiple projects simultaneously
• Strong communication skills