Position: FRENCH AS A SECOND LANGUAGE (FSL) TEACHERS
- Company: Sudbury Catholic District School Board
- Position Title: FRENCH AS A SECOND LANGUAGE (FSL) TEACHERS
- Job Posting Date: Thursday, 9 December 2021
- Job Closing Date: Monday, 20 December 2021
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Salary: TBD based on experience
We are looking for dynamic, innovative, and caring FSL teachers to join our team. We are dedicated to realizing each student’s potential within our inclusive Catholic learning community by nurturing and developing their mind, body, and spirit. Our 13 elementary schools, 4 grades 7 to 12 schools and an adult learning center enjoy a vibrant partnership with parents, parishes, staff and the community to help all of our students achieve their full potential and experience success. We hope that you can be part of that experience. The successful incumbent will become a permanent employee with Sudbury Catholic Schools and a member of the OECTA Elementary Teachers’ Local (Sudbury) bargaining unit.
Job Benefits / Requirements
- Current member in good standing with the Ontario College of Teachers
- Qualifications in Primary/Junior Divisions
- Additional qualification in French as a Second Language (FSL) Part 1
- Religious Education Part 1 (or commitment to obtain within first 24 months of employ). We are pleased to co-fund this AQ course.
- Knowledge of current Ministry initiatives
- An understanding of effective strategies for second language learning
- A passion for FSL and an understanding of ‘l’approche actionelle’
- Excellent English and French language communication skills, both oral and written
- Sound knowledge of evidence-based assessment practices
- A commitment to supporting the use of technology in instruction and learning, and to promoting an environment of innovation and creativity that engages the 21st century learner
- Working knowledge of the IPRC process and the IEP, as they relate to planning and program
- Knowledge, experience and proven ability in utilizing differentiated instructional approaches within the classroom that support effective instruction and engage students
- An ability to implement a shared vision consistent with the principles of Catholic Education and integrating the Catholic School Graduate Expectations
- Flexibility to be assigned in other subject/grades as the need arises
- A willingness to participate in the school’s ongoing literacy and numeracy initiatives
- Proven ability to implement effective classroom management strategies
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability and commitment to working with students, staff, and parents
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to provide regular attendance
Applications must be received no later than noon, December 13, 2021.
Conditions of employment include: the completion of a police record check, Vulnerable Sector Check, satisfactory to the Board that is completed within 6 months prior to employment, as well as the Certificate of completion for the Ministry of Labour Worker Health and Safety Awareness in 4 Steps training (details will be provided following any offer of employment).
The Sudbury Catholic District School Board is committed to building a diverse and qualified workforce which reflects and serves the needs of its students and its communities, and supports the mission, vision and values of the Board.
In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, personal information is being collected under the authority of the Education Act and will be used for employee recruitment and selection purposes. For questions about collection of information, please contact Human Resources Services at (705) 673-5620.
All applicants are thanked for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If you require a disability related accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, have questions or concerns about this collection of information, or with submitting your application, please do not hesitate to call Human Resources Services at (705) 673-5620. We look forward to meeting you.
Thank you for your interest in Sudbury Catholic Schools