Position: Gallery Assistant and Grant Writer
- Company: One Sky Gallery Boutique
- Position Title: Gallery Assistant and Grant Writer
- Job Posting Date: Tuesday, 12 March 2019
- Job Closing Date: Wednesday, 20 March 2019
- Employment Type: Full-Time and Part-Time
- Salary: Tems are negotiable
1. Be a self-starter, but also be comfortable with being led by the owner’s vision.
2. Write grants for various artistic projects.
3. Organize events (art openings, book readings, etc.) and promote them.
4. Curate new brands and artists (this will involve training provided by One Sky).
5. Key duties in the buying process for artisanal work, and may be trusted to buy on their own once reputation is established.
6. Communicate with clients and buyers and assist in the sale of both fine art and retail. (Store hours are not what One Sky is hiring for specifically at this time, however this person must be willing to fill in some store hours occasionally.)
7. Create spreadsheets that reflect artist sales monthly and send these reports to artists.
8. General personal assistant duties: this person will be expected to answer the phone when working out of the gallery, answer business emails and triage messages for owner.
9. It would be an asset for this individual to participate in social media marketing for the company, however this is not a necessary skill and will not disqualify applicants.
This position will require an individual who is inspired by the work of human hands and understands the vision of the company.
Some of the work outlined in this position can be done from anywhere with a computer, some of it will require the individual to be physically present at the gallery.
Job Benefits / Requirements
1. Relevant education in Fine Art or Arts Administration strongly preferred.
2. Relevant experience in Fine Art or Arts Administration strongly preferred.
3. Bilingualism preferred: French/English
4. Experience with grant writing strongly preferred.
5. Excellent verbal and communication skilled a must.
6. Computer skills: Basic knowledge of business software required.
7. Social Media marketing is an asset.