Position: Home Help Worker
- Company: The Canadian Red Cross
- Position Title: Home Help Worker
- Job Posting Date: Wednesday, 4 September 2019
- Job Closing Date: Friday, 27 September 2019
- Employment Type: Full-Time and Part-Time
- Salary: $15.00 / hour
Reporting to the Community Services Coordinator, the successful candidates will provide home cleaning services on a regular, occasional or on a one time basis to seniors in the Sudbury district. In accordance with the policies and practices of the Community Health Services (CHS), Canadian Red Cross, provides assistance in maintaining a healthy and clean home environment to the vulnerable in their place of residence.
Home Management – Performs a variety of housekeeping tasks
Laundry Duties – Performs laundry tasks in accordance with established care plan
Maintains a Safe Environment – Promotes a safe environment for both the client and worker
Reporting and Communication – Observes and reports any changes or problems related to the client or client’s environment to the immediate Supervisor in a timely manner.
• Adapts communication to best meet the needs of client while promoting client’s sense of security, dignity, independence and control
• Demonstrates understanding of client’s needs including physical, social, emotional, spiritual and cultural This is a general overview of the position and a full list of duties will be provided, as well other duties may be added per Community Health Services policies and procedures.
Job Benefits / Requirements
The minimum qualifications for this position include some secondary school education and up to one year of experience in household management. Interpersonal skills typically gained through daily living skills acquired in caring for the household management needs of a family, elderly, disabled or ill family member. Demonstrates fundamental abilities:
Participates as a member of the core/support team:
• carries out tasks, accepts assignments, completes assignments
• time management skills: plans workload, balances multiple demands on time
• follows care plan
• does not exceed the boundary of the therapeutic/professional relationship
• acknowledges limitations: keeps within role and knowledge base Demonstrates acceptable work habits
• dependable, punctual
• able to manage stress
• accepts suggestions
• interacts well with others
• maintains professional appearance
• maintains confidentiality of information about clients, caregiver/family and CHS.
APPLY BY CLICKING ON LINK – https://trr.tbe.taleo.net/trr01/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=CRCS&cws=62&rid=5647