Position: Intake Coordinator
- Company: Spark Employment Services
- Position Title: Intake Coordinator
- Job Posting Date: Friday, 4 October 2019
- Job Closing Date: Friday, 18 October 2019
- Employment Type: Yearly Contract
- Salary: $26.16/hr - 12 month contract with possible extension
Intake and Screening
• Provides the initial contact and screening of new clients and/or any interested stakeholders in person or on the phone.
• Discusses with clients to understand client’s needs and reason for accessing services and determines appropriate referrals.
• Assists clients with issues and barriers to employment by providing support, advocacy and resources.
• After an intake screening is completed, the intake coordinator books an appointment with the appropriate program stream.
• Collects information to open the file and enter case notes.
• In some cases, the RI Coordinator may work with a client on various activities until such time as they are ready to meet with an Employment Counsellor.
Resource and Information
• Responsible to have current Labour Market Information, job postings, tools, handouts, resources, available to share with anyone accessing services.
• Refers and match clients to suitable service providers as required.
• Follows up on no shows in order to re-book.
• Conducts outreach, contacts potential service providers, and organizations to build relationships, offer general information sessions, invite guests to our meetings etc.
• Monitor and prepares monthly and quarterly reports
• Tracks activities and appointment bookings as required using Excel and provides reports at regular meetings.
• Distributes and tracks petty cash for parking and bus tickets.
KEY RELATIONSHIPS & INTERACTIONS
Internal: All staff
External: Clients, Employers, Service Providers and Stakeholders
Job Benefits / Requirements
- • Bilingualism in French and English is required
- • Related post-secondary education and a solid background in Career Development
- • 2-5 years of experience in career planning and development; knowledge of local labour market trends and community resources
- • Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- • Demonstrated creative and critical thinking skills
- • Strong communication and presentation skills
- Apply by sending résumé to: firstname.lastname@example.org