Spark Employment Services is dedicated to providing continued services and supports to individuals remotely during these uncertain times. To find out how Spark can help you, call 705-671-2544 and leave us a message, or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org, and a specialist will be in contact with you as soon as possible.
Position: Labour Supply Positions
- Company: OnTime Labour Supply
- Position Title: Labour Supply Positions
- Job Posting Date: Wednesday, 6 May 2020
- Job Closing Date: Saturday, 6 June 2020
- Employment Type: Contract
- Salary: Varies based on experience
WORK TAKES PLACE ON EITHER GLENCORE OR VALE PROPERTIES. SOME TRAINING IS REQUIRED PRIOR TO COMMENCING ON-SITE WORK.
Step 1: We thank you for your interest & look forward to speaking with you to learn more
Step 2: To become eligible to work on these sites, you must show 1 year proof of WHMIS. If you don’t have this, you can call NORCAT (705) 521-8324 to obtain.
Step 3: Please review the info below for required orientation, training, needs, and where applicable, prices (subject to HST), depending on the type of work you are interested in.
Step 4: Please review the info below for required personal protective equipment (PPE) (and prices, subject to HST) depending on the type of work you do.
Job Benefits / Requirements
- Valid WHMIS: If you don’t have this - obtain through NORCAT $29.95
- Sudbury INO Contractor General Orientation $55.00 (obtain through NORCAT
- Vale Tier 1, 2, 3 Orientation: go to valelearning.ca; use Google Chrome (there is no cost for this training) -Do the training all at once (about 4.5 hrs online) -To begin: “Register” and follow prompts: -Utilize your NORCAT#: complete prompts and take the Tier 1-Vale General Orientation, Tier 2-Surface or Underground Entry Requirements, and Tier 3-Site Specific Access Orientation If you are required to lock & tag: An eLearning module has been put in place for ZES003R Review
- Required Overall training/needs: Confined space entry $29.95 (through NORCAT); Respiratory Fit Test (clean shaven) (no smoking an hour before): (through Soucie Salo) ½ face $20.00; Worker Health and Safety Awareness in 4 Steps (online); AODA (through NORCAT)$29.95; Driver’s license (preferred); Transportation (own to and from site)
- Depending on the work being done, this training may be required: Basic Underground Hard Rock Mine Service Types Common Core $295.00 (through NORCAT); Working at Heights (must be valid already); new training is post-poned & expiry dates have been extended a year for existing certification.
- For Vacuum Truck or Industrial Washing: High pressure washing theory (through NORCAT) $55.00; Industrial vacuum equipment theory (through NORCAT) $55.00; Respiratory Fit Test (clean shaven) (no smoking an hour before): (through Soucie Salo) Full face $20.00
- Personal Protective Equipment: High visibility coveralls (orange with stripes) $84.00-$95.00; Hard hat $15.50; Reflective striping kit $3.75; 3M ear protection $24.00; Half mask $75.00; Full face mask $200; CSA metguard muckers (for dry & wet work) $135.50 Cartridges, Gloves, Safety Glasses, will be provided
BOLDED ITEMS ARE MANDATORY, ALL OTHER ITEMS ARE JOB SPECIFIC