Spark Employment Services mourns the discovery of over 5,000 Indigenous children found on the grounds of Residential Schools across Canada. This awful part of our country’s recent history cannot be ignored or forgotten. We urge our community to join us in remembering, standing with, and demanding justice for the children, families and communities affected by these horrific tragedies.
Position: Multimedia Producer
- Company: SW Sports & Entertainment
- Position Title: Multimedia Producer
- Job Posting Date: Friday, 27 August 2021
- Job Closing Date: Wednesday, 8 September 2021
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Salary: Compensation will be based on the experience and qualifications of the candidate.
If you are ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values bold ideas, professional growth, and employee wellness, we want you on the SWSE team.
The SWSE team delivers the best sports entertainment to Northeastern Ontario with the Wolves, the Five and the Spartans as well as our Out of Home advertising platforms. We are looking for innovative team players ready to take the most well-known entertainment brands in the city to the next level.
This position is looking for a dynamic skilled and energetic professional to apply their technical skills and creativity to complement the growing organization in a multimedia producer/ design role. We are looking for a unique person with a range of media, audio/video and web production skills and a positive outlook that can solve problems and deliver meaningful experiences to passionate sports fans.
Job Benefits / Requirements
- Develop videos for internal and external use.
- Will be responsible for the entire cycle of multimedia production – from collaborative conceptualization, recording, broadcasting, to editing and posting the finalized products online using web and social media best practices.
- Day-to-Day responsibilities include idea generation, pre-production planning, storyboarding, scripting, interviewing, shooting, editing, graphic design tasks related and unrelated to video editing, online posting of sites including YouTube, Instagram and Facebook as required.
- Produce, record, and edit all internal and external audiocast files for digital and traditional media channels.
- Actively managing weekly pre-production vision, production and post-production of video projects.
- Coordinating video shoots; scouting, selecting and reserving shoot locations including building up content to be utilized at appropriate times during the season and re/post season.
- Work as part of the game night production team for broadcasts and in-game production.
- Asset management, including recommendations on hardware, software and execution tools to create effective content for both internal and external audiences.
- Ensuring the correct licensing of artistic material across all formats and locations within timelines.
- Ensure delivery of all advertising content and branded content executions with campaign coordinator
- A College Diploma or University Degree (or equivalent experience), preferably
- in journalism, new multimedia, or graphic design, marketing & communications.
- This position is well suited for a professional with 1-5 years of industry experience and a minimum of 1-3 years’ video production experience.
- Comprehension of the full lifecycle of video production from start to delivery
- Understands technical aspects of video production and can speak the language
- Solid project management skills, Pre and Post-production capabilities, Problem-solving skills
- Enthusiasm and passion for all forms of sports, music and entertainment as well as a keen interest in technology and digital media.
- Outgoing, strong, and energetic personality and voice for hosting, interviewing and voiceovers, as well as comfortable with being on-camera and speaking in front of large groups of people.
- Must have excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
- Superior communication, interviewing and writing skills, including exceptional grammar and spelling
- Solid technical knowledge of editing systems, podcasting, video production and compression standards
- Ability to produce a wide range of video projects, from quick-turn social media clips to interviews to explainer videos, and everything in between
- Proficient in graphic design and video editing (Adobe creative cloud - Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere Pro, After Effects, Final Cut Pro)
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience using content management systems (WordPress)
- Knowledge of current marketing trends, audio video best practices, social media principles
- Ability to work with strict brand guidelines and have a keen eye for copy, brand and logo representation that reflects core value of the brands and the organizations.
- A passion for storytelling and live sports is a definite plus!
- Self-motivated with the ability to work both independently and in a team environment with a proactive positive attitude
- Ability to work long and unpredictable hours on weekdays, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Valid Class G Ontario Driver’s License and access to a vehicle is required.
Education & Skill Requirements:
All those interested are encouraged to submit their résumé, sample of your video production work and demo to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be accepted until September 8, 2021.
We thank all applicants for their submission, however only those moving forward in the process will be contacted.