Position: Produce Manager
- Company: Roger's Valu-Mart
- Position Title: Produce Manager
- Job Posting Date: Thursday, 11 July 2019
- Job Closing Date: Monday, 22 July 2019
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Salary: To be negotiated
• Responsible for the day to day management of all aspects of the Ensure that department budgets are met through efficient operation of the Produce department (includes gross profit, wage cost, operational expenses and inventory) are maintained.
• Champion and exemplify exceptional customer service and satisfaction through consistent application of store processes and standards
• Consistently ensure service counters ‘wow’ the customer; execute standards to offer an exceptionally presentable department with a reputation for freshness and quality
• Train, coach and motivate employees to maintain a strong sense of productivity and engagement
• Monitor financial objectives and ensure that budgets are met through efficient operation of the department, keeping an eye on gross profit, labour productivity, operational expenses, inventory control, net contribution and shrink targets
• Maintain the highest levels of sanitation and cleanliness, ensure all safe food-handling practices are adhered to at all times
• Provide direction and support to produce staff as necessary.
• Adhere to company standards and ensure that company policies and procedures are followed.
• Available to work minimum 2 (two) evenings including weekends.
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Job Benefits / Requirements
• Three (3) to Five (5) years’ experience and a sound working knowledge of the Produce Department.
• Must be available to work a minimum of 2 (two) evenings including weekends
• Previous management/leadership experience in the retail industry is an asset.
• Courses in merchandising or business management would be an asset.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
• Systems skills (Email, SAP, and P.C. applications).
• Able to lift up to 50 lbs.