Spark is now open for in-person intakes Monday to Friday from 8:30am to 4:30pm, however, we are still accommodating services to individuals via telephone, email, and video meetings.
Position: Polysomnographic Technologist (PSGT) / Sleep Technologist
- Company: Hospital Alliance Group
- Position Title: Polysomnographic Technologist (PSGT) / Sleep Technologist
- Job Posting Date: Monday, 2 November 2020
- Job Closing Date: Thursday, 31 December 2020
- Employment Type: Full-Time and Part-Time
- Salary: $18.00/hour
In this role, you will:
- Perform polysomnographic data acquisition while monitoring study tracing quality to ensure signals are artifact-free and adjust, if necessary
- Follow procedures and protocols to verify integrity of collected data and complete the data collection process
- Polysomnographic record scoring
- Implement appropriate interventions
- Generate accurate reports by charting sleep/wake disorder and clinical event data
- Document routine observations with associated sleep stages and clinical events, changes in procedure, and/or other significant events in order to facilitate scoring and interpretation of results
Our facility is offering free training for the right applicant. Training is offered in laboratory and includes hands-on and theoretical readings.
Job Benefits / Requirements
- Experience in medical field(s) preferred
- Relevant post-secondary education preferred
- Ability to work night shifts, 10 hours per shift
- Current Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certification (upon hiring)
- Clean CPIC
- Ability to work independently in a sophisticated laboratory environment
- Strong technical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork abilities
- Experience working with people with complex or progressive illnesses or disabilities, and individuals with limited mobility
- A focus on high-quality patient care
- Enthusiasm for learning
- Bilingualism is an asset
- $18.00/hour to start
- Wage increase/hour after titration training and working for 6 months
- Wage increase/hour after A-Step Program completed
- Wage increase/hour after RPSGT certification completed.
- Medical, dental and vision care effective after the probationary period to full-time employees.
- Paid Time Off
- Personal time off, with vacation paid bi-annually in the months of January and in July.
- Continuing Education
- American Academy of Sleep Medicine (AASM) Membership; a membership-based organization that works with its members to advance the field of sleep medicine. With opportunities available for all stages of careers in sleep medicine, the AASM is the leader in providing sleep-related content and benefits that help its members today and for the future.
A competitive salary scale based on your training and certification(s):
Health Care Program
A competitive health care program for you and your family, which includes:
New opportunities for growth! Find a meaningful career with a better balance between work and home.