Spark is now open for in-person intakes Monday to Friday from 8:30am to 4:30pm, however, we are still accommodating services to individuals via telephone, email, and video meetings.
Position: Social Worker/Psychotherapist
- Company: Sudbury Catholic District School Board
- Position Title: Social Worker/Psychotherapist
- Job Posting Date: Monday, 14 September 2020
- Job Closing Date: Monday, 21 September 2020
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Salary: $39.41-$49.27/hour
Under the supervision of the Superintendent of School Effectiveness, and in collaboration with the school-based student support team, the Social Worker/Psychotherapist offers a broad range of direct services. The Social Worker/ Psychotherapist helps students develop the skills and resources they need to enhance social functioning and provides counselling, therapy and referral to other supportive social services. Further, the Social Worker/Psychotherapist provides the necessary professional skills to assist students in problem solving and conflict resolution in a safe and healthy manner to ensure student success.
Job Benefits / Requirements
- Successful completion of a Master’s degree in Social Work from a recognized university, other equivalent educational backgrounds may be considered
- Registered member in good standing with the College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers of Ontario and/or the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario
- Certificate of completion for the Ministry of Labour Worker Health and Safety Awareness in 4 Steps training (available on-line)
- Excellent knowledge of available community agencies and resources
- Strong working knowledge of the Personal Health Information Protection Act
- Strong knowledge of the Ontario Child and Family Services Act
- Understand, and practice in accordance with federal, provincial, and local laws, statutes, and/or policies that relate to students and families; such as, child protection/child abuse, special education, attendance, education rights, and privacy
- Excellent assessment, interviewing, and counselling skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to function effectively with administrators, staff, parents, students, outside agencies and others
- Ability to develop and present training sessions
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently
- Demonstrated ability to work with a multi-disciplinary team
- Working knowledge of Special Education, especially issues relevant to children and youth with Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Good computer skills, including word processing, communications software, Internet and email
- Excellent discretion and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to provide regular attendance
- Valid driver’s licence and access to a reliable vehicle
- One year recent related work experience
- Current certification in Non Violent Crisis Intervention, First Aid, and CPR are assets
- Experience in applied behavioural analysis
- Ability to read, write and speak French is an asset
The annual work schedule typically follows the school year calendar.
Salary to be commensurate with recent related experience; salary range will be $39.41 to $49.27 hourly plus vacation pay which graduates with years of service. A comprehensive benefit package is provided.
Please note that a satisfactory Police Record Check: Vulnerable Sector Check is a condition of employment.
For more information, please view our website at www.sudburycatholicschools.ca and contact Human Resources Services for a copy of the job description, which gives further details.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply online at sudburycatholicschools.simplication.com. Please submit a cover letter and resume along with the contact information for three professional references no later than noon on September 21, 2020.