Position: Transitional Care Worker (Bilingual - English & French)
- Company: Canadian Red Cross
- Position Title: Transitional Care Worker (Bilingual - English & French)
- Job Posting Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2019
- Job Closing Date: Friday, 11 October 2019
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Salary: To be notified
Provide seniors and their caregivers with support to safely return and settle at home after a hospital stay through the Priority Assistance to Transition Home (PATH) program.
The Transitional Care Workers will facilitate and support client independence by providing transitional services from hospital to home which reflects the unique needs of each client.
Provides support to client during hospital discharge process as required
Supports client during the transition from hospital to client’s home in accordance with established service plan
Completes basic errands as required, in accordance with established service plan.
Completes basic home management duties, in accordance with established service plan.
Completes risk analysis of home using standardized Risk Assessment tool
Facilitates client and caregiver engagement., i.e. providing applicable information on client related issues
Facilitates referrals to Community Support Services and discharge process as per program guidelines
Prepares nutritious meals as required
Safely and hygienically stores and handles food
Handles and stores hazardous products safely (WHMIS)
Maintains comfort and safety of client’s immediate environment
Identifies and reports any unsafe or hazardous equipment and situations to the Program Coordinator
Takes measures to ensure personal safety
Takes measures to protect the health and safety of clients
Observes and reports any concerns related to the client or their environment to the Program Coordinator
Validates individual’s communication
Seeks direction from Program Coordinator as appropriate
Reports activities and/or observations to Program Coordinator as appropriate
Maintenance of confidentiality of clients
Perform other related duties as assigned and required; in consultation with the Program Coordinator
WORKING CONDITIONS Duties are principally conducted in the residencies of the clients. Domestic travel within the Greater Sudbury Area will be required. The work can require irregular hours, including week-ends and holidays without notice. A good range of motion is required to assist clients with an arm-assist, or pushing a wheelchair.
This position requires a successful Canadian criminal record, reference check, valid provincial driver’s license, and First Aid certification (training provided.)
Job Benefits / Requirements
- Standard First Aid and CPR-C.
- Bilingualism (English & French) is required.
- Gerontology training an asset.
- Interpersonal skills typically gained through daily living skills.
- Participates as a member of the core/support team
- Follows care plan as identified by the appropriate funder agency
- Does not exceed the boundary of the therapeutic/professional relationship
- Acknowledges limitations: keeps within role and knowledge base Demonstrates Acceptable Work Habits:
- Dependable, punctual
- Able to manage stress
- Accepts suggestions
- Interacts well with others
- Maintains professional appearance
- Maintains confidentiality of information about clients, caregiver/family and the Canadian Red Cross Society
- Proven budgeting and project management skills including attention to detail and working with tight deadlines.
- Previous Red Cross experience an advantage.
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills.
- Self starter and able to work in an environment with ambiguity.
- Proven ability to be a supportive and productive team member.
- Red Cross Health ERU training (to be provided if not already done).